This is how international investors reclaim the withholding tax on dividends from Ireland. There’s so much bullshit on the Internet about this, I just had to write down the steps myself.
The Irish can not only butter, beer and religious conflicts, they can also withhold tax on dividend payments.
- Print out settlement receipts for dividend payment (Payment receipts) of own bank/deposit.
- Print and complete V2A document from the Irish Revenue Authority:https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/documents/dwt/dwt-non-res-v2a.pdf
- Print and complete the Claim for refund of Dividend Withholding Tax (DWT) document from the Irish Revenue Commissioners.: https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/documents/dwt/dwt-claim-for-refund.pdf
- Take the V2A document and the Claim for refund of Dividend Withholding Tax (DWT) to your own local tax authority office. BTW: It’s the “Finanzamt” in Germany.
Have the information confirmed with a stamp.
- Put all three documents in the envelope and send to the following address:
Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
E45 T611, Ireland
Tel: + 353 67 63105
For anyone who can’t or doesn’t want to think for themselves:
The information in this document is provided as a guide only and is not professional advice, including legal advice. It should not be assumed that the guidance is comprehensive or that it provides a definitive answer in every case.